Web Design – General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
When you register to have a website designed by Codified Web Solutions , you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions as outlined on this page. You should read this agreement carefully as it will form a legally binding contract between us and you.
This policy represents your web design agreement with Codified Web Solutions, in addition to all emails exchanged between us and yourselves. Please retain your emails for future reference in the unlikely event of any dispute. This policy is in addition to our
Web Design > Standards Of Service
Web Design > Website Updates & Maintenance
Web Design > Payment Policy & Deposits
Web Design > Closing A Website
From time to time, we may have to revise the policies on our web design terms and conditions. Any changes or updates to these policies are normally minor and do not affect the overall agreement between both parties. However, please always make sure you do check back on this page regularly for updates.
Web Design Agreement – Introduction
This policy is presented by Codified Web Solutions, an India-based software development and AI solutions provider.
When you register to have a website designed by Codified Web Solutions, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions as outlined on this page. You should read this agreement carefully as it will form a legally binding contract between us and you. Your acceptance of this agreement and contract begins when you confirm your instructions to proceed with the web design project (or related services) as shown in emails or letters between us and yourselves, or when payment (be it a deposit or full payment) for our contracted services, has been made by yourselves.
At this moment, we are currently only accepting orders from customers who either have residence within the United Kingdom or the United States. If you cannot verify your residence or country of residence, then, unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with any orders made by yourself. We have tried to keep the Web Design Terms of Service brief, easy to understand, and as straightforward as possible. If you have any questions, however, please do contact us.
We will always do our best to fulfil your needs and meet your goals, but sometimes it is best to have a few simple things written down so that we both know what is what, who should do what and what happens if stuff goes wrong. In this contract, you won’t find complicated legal terms or large passages of unreadable text. We have no desire to trick you into signing something that you may not understand. We do want what’s best for the safety of both parties, now and in the future. In short, you (the Client) will be asking us (Websites Are Us), hereinafter referred to as the Company, to design and build a website for you. This will have been discussed via email, written or verbal communications, for an estimated price also laid out without those emails, or clearly explained at the time of your enquiry and acceptances.
Moving your website to another web designer, or moving away from us:
If you decide to switch your website and/or domain name over to another business to deal with your website, then the following applies:
1. There are no refunds for any un-used hosting services remaining on your current hosting package;
2. All monies due for any website work maintenance undertaken up to and including the time you make a decision to leave us needs to be paid up before any domain(s), website files are transferred to you. Only website files associated with your website will be transferred – any work up files, design notes or any other materials that do not make the website work as “it is” in its current format do not need to be transferred;
3. Any associated charges for transferring domain name(s) as dictated to us by Nominet or our own hosting server providers, will need to be paid in advance to enable any transfers being completed. As a rough guide the costs associated with the transfer of domain name(s) is £25.00 per domain name that needs to be transferred over;
4. We accept no liability whatsoever if the website will not function correctly on another server;
5. Transfers will normally take 3 to 5 working days but can take up to 21 days to complete in exceptional circumstances.
What do both parties agree to?
Description of The Work:
Content Management Systems:
Photographs and Images:
Changes and Revisions:
1. You will own the text files, images, graphics and any visual elements, or sound bytes, that you may have sent to us to use in connection with this web design project (unless someone else owns them).
2. We maintain copies of all the files used in connection with your web design project and if you require a disc copy of all the files used in connection with your project (this may not include all the source files), then we will ask you to pay a small fee to cover the disc creation, package and handling of such a copy to yourselves. Copies of the website files are maintained by us for a reasonable time (usually at least one year), and if you are hosting with us, then files are maintained both locally and on servers.
3. We own the copyright (or any specific vendors that may have supplied some files in connection with your web design project own the copyright) to the markup, CSS files, other code that may have been used by us for you, or certain images that we may have supplied to or for you. These files have only been licenced to you in connection with this web design project and will be licenced solely to the domain name on which the website files reside.
At the bottom of the website page(s) after payment has been completed, usually, it will say Copyright and the name of your business or company. We do however reserve the right as the Designer to put a link showing that the site has been designed by us or is hosted by us, and this link will be usually small, unobtrusive and will open a new window, thereby not hindering or distracting from your own website.
As the design company, we also reserve the right (because it is good to tell or show other people what we may have done), to display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio, and to write about the project on other web sites, in magazine or ezine articles, books, written or digital publications of any design and source.
Moving your website away from us
1. Any outstanding payment(s) due to us will need to be cleared first. If you have not paid for any services relating to the website, and/or domain name, web hosting, then you will need to make sure these payments are made before any transfer would be undertaken.
2. There may be some charges applied to us by Nominet, or by our web servers to allow the transfer of domain name(s) associated with your account. We will inform you about such charges, and any payment(s) that may be due for these changes, will need to be made upfront before the transfer completes.
3. Providing all of your account charges are up to date, we will then assist you with a transfer to another web host, or web design company. They will need to contact us directly, so we can make sure the transfer completes without any unnecessary disruptions.
4. ONLY your website files and associated files that make the website work on the internet will be transferred. Any work-up files, ORIGINAL images created by ourselves, help files or another non-essential file, program or software/script will not be transferred to your new provider.
5. If your website employs the use of a database then only the database content will be transferred. It will be up to your new supplier to provide the necessary database systems to import the data.
IMPORTANT: We cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for downtime associated with the transfer process, nor can we guarantee that your existing website “as it is” will work flawlessly on another web hosting server. You will need to make sure with your new provider that they will be able to ensure that your website files are compatible with their own specific hosting system.
The small print:
Failure to enforce these Terms and Conditions and related Polices in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Websites Are Us rights.
Changes to the web design agreement
Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid.